lunes, 25 de febrero de 2008

Desperate Measures

Sylvia Browne is a well-known and very famous American psychic, or in her own words a “spiritual teacher”. She is frequently invited to TV and radio shows to answer the questions of hundreds of people who are desperate to hear some “news” from their loved ones that passed away, or sometimes they just need some kind of closure.

Today I was hearing the TV more that watching it and Sylvia was on one of these talk shows. For one whole hour, Sylvia didn’t stop answering all kinds of questions, no matter how stupid or weird they were.

Sylvia knows all the answers. She just have to look up for two, three or maybe four seconds (it depends on some factors such as: topic or the level of stupidity) and when she looks back at you, you’ll have your answer and people will feel good or at least better.

I was impressed to hear some of the questions:

- My father died a year ago. Does he have something to say to me?
- Yes, that he loves you very much.

Wow…a father that loves his daughter. What are the chances for that?

- Sylvia, I’d like to know if it was a good thing to put my house on sale.

- Hi. I like to collect dolls and I lost my favorite one. Will I ever find it?

- Hi. I’m a lawyer and I’d like to know if I’m going to win the case I’m working on.

Then came what you’re all expecting:

- Hi, Sylvia. I’m sorry but I have the typical female question: will I ever find a man who wants to marry me?
- Ah…no, because no man would want to marry such an insecure and desperate woman. (That wasn’t Sylvia’s answer but it would have been so awesome!)

It continued:

- Sylvia, I have a boyfriend. Is he the one?

- Hi. I’d like to know if the job I have right now is going to give me more benefits, and also…am I going to get married soon? (Man…she was so close to not being pathetic)

- Sylvia, do you see a husband and kids in my future?

Oh my God! What is happening? What is wrong with these women? The best part was when Sylvia said to one of them: “No, you’re not getting married at least for the next six years” Then she said to another woman: “Honey, you’re not getting married at all, forget it, just forget it”

I can’t even begin to describe the expression on the faces of these women. It was like they had been told by God that they had some terrible disease.

Women, let me tell you something: that attitude, that awareness that the clock is ticking and you’re running out of periods is very sexy to a man. In fact, I think every man dreams with finding one desperate and crazy-to-procreate woman to have a marriage with…right.

If you’re trying not to accomplish that…ever, that’s the right way to go.

Get a grip.

12 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Mi amorrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Feliz cumpleaños!!!!! Te mando un beso inmenso. Te quiero!

El Italiano.

Unknown dijo...

Feliz Cumpleaños bellaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Lo mejor del mundo para tí!!!!! Muchos besitos!!!

Anónimo dijo...

Tany!!!! Feliz Cumpleaños!!!Pásala chévere y te me portas bien! ;) Te extraño!

Jose.

Anónimo dijo...

Amiga felicidades! Te deseo lo mejor, un gran abrazo!

Carola.

Anónimo dijo...

Happy Birthday, kid.

You know what you mean to me.

John.

Anónimo dijo...

Hey Tany! I hope you had a wonderful day! I wish you accomplish everything you set your mind on. I know you´ll get what you want ;)
Keep up the good work girl.
Steven.

Anónimo dijo...

Tany: I had a BLAST with this post. I laughed so hard!! it's awesome!! I dunno what's happening with women lately, but that desperation on finding "the one" is driving me NUTS!
Cheers to ya' babe!

Kisses!!

Tanyluz Sciortino dijo...

Gracias a todos! Thank you all!

ita, zarito, jose, caro, johnny boy - I know ;) - , steven y mari.

You have no idea how good it is for me to know that you guys care so much about me.

Thank you for making me smile.

Tanyluz Sciortino dijo...

Mari, what can I tell you? They're everywhere! It's amazing how people can reduce their lives to only one thing. I'm not saying it's not important, but come on!

Besito.

Manuel De Oliveira dijo...

Mira, y cuándo te casas?
Mira, y cuándo encargas?
Mira, y la parejita?

Qué? estás soltera? no te vas a casar YA??????

=O

Tanyluz Sciortino dijo...

Si, mijito, y a medida que uno cumple años la cosa empeora. La gente se pone más impertinente porque Dios no permita que llegue a los 30 soltera...todo menos eso!

Anónimo dijo...

You're totally right. I'm a man and I can't stand that kind of behavior. It's the biggest turn-off ever.